Location: Westchester Campus,
Under general supervision of the Field Operations Manager, the Parking Enforcement Officer issues parking citations and warnings in support of university parking regulations. This position also assists in the setup, execution and cleanup of parking resources as required for university events. The position is scheduled for 40 hours, Wednesday through Sunday. Weekday work schedule is 11 am until 8 pm. Weekend work schedule is 9 am until 6 pm.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service to the LMU community and campus visitors.
- Understand all parking policies and regulations, keeping current as policies, procedures and guidelines evolve. Articulate clear and concise answers to parking questions in person, in writing and over the phone.
- Issue parking citations and warnings via electronic devices and manual citation booklets. Coordinate the towing of vehicles in accordance with the University's Towing Policy.
- Provide frontline customer service and quality assurance regarding parking resources on campus. Coordinate with Facilities Management and Public Safety to maintain a safe and clean environment in the parking facilities.
- Operate a golf cart or vehicle in compliance with university standards and all local and state ordinances.
- Assist in the supervision of student workers.
- Provide support to special events as assigned by management.
- Provide traffic control, disseminate information, distribute permits and place signage as assigned by management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum 1 year of general customer service related experience. Prior parking enforcement experience or field operations function preferred.
- Perform duties involving constant public contact in a consistent and courteous manner.
- Skill and ability to communicate effectively on the telephone, in person and in writing; possess excellent interpersonal skills including tact and diplomacy to work with a diverse campus community, including parents, students, faculty, staff, visitors and vendors.
- Possess skills in conflict resolution, decision-making and implementation skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and manage time effectively with flexibility to adapt to changing conditions; ability to remain calm under pressure; think clearly and logically using sound judgment; ability to multi-task as necessary.
- Familiarity with University policies and procedures, campus parking and rules and regulations and general university procedures.
- Ability to effectively carry out event goals in a manner that enhances the image of the Dept. of Parking and Transportation and the greater LMU community.
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, sound judgment, team building and resourcefulness to establish and maintain collaborative, positive and effective working relationships with multiple diverse constituency groups.
- High school diploma or equivalent AND 1 year of full-time, related experience that has provided the applicant with knowledge and abilities listed.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS (IF APPLICABLE):
- Possession of a valid California Driver's License. Must maintain a "satisfactory" driving record as evidenced by DMV records.
- The employee will frequently walk and stand; talk; hear; use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee will occasionally sit and must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to see closely and be able to adjust focus for use of computer and distance visibility.
- The work environment is outdoors. The noise level outside can vary from moderate to loud, standard with most parking environments. Outdoor work will require significant amounts of time to be in the natural elements, sun, wind and rain. The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must be able to work flexible hours all days of the week including occasional overtime and some weekends due to university events.
TOOLS AND EQUIPTMENT USED:
- Personal computer using Windows/Mac environment, various and specialized software applications and equipment including but not limited to Microsoft Office products, T2 Flex (parking software), electronic handheld devices, radios, copier, printer, fax, multi-line telephone.
- Please submit the following: Resume and cover letter
$16.04 - $21.25 Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Loyola Marymount University, a Carnegie classified R2 institution in the mainstream of American Catholic higher education, seeks outstanding applicants who value its mission and share its commitment to inclusive excellence, the education of the whole person, and the building of a just society. LMU is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment as defined by federal, state and local law. We invite all persons in the full diversity of their being, life experience, and beliefs to apply. (Visit www.lmu.edu for more information.)