The Assistant Director will develop and implement an effective contact strategy for prospective undergraduate and graduate students, applicants, and newly admitted students within their assigned program portfolio and progressively move them through the enrollment process. Responsible for conducting follow up communication (by way of phone, email, or other digital engagement platforms) with prospective students to ensure the highest level of service and enrollment counseling. They serve as the central point of contact for students within their assigned caseload. In addition, they provide support with inbound calls on an as-needed basis and participate in in-person and digital open houses and information sessions. Student contact, follow-up, and enrollment process conversion that meets and exceeds set goals are expected.
Experience in counseling, call campaigns, and presenting to small and large groups.
Proven ability to work independently, excellent communication and presentation skills.
Skills and knowledge are normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, Master's degree preferred.
Two to four years of experience in student enrollment, non-traditional college admissions, and/or sales. Any experience in counseling, call campaigns, and small and large group presentations is a plus.
This position will require a flexible work schedule, including some nights and weekends, and travel will be minimal, but may be required periodically.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide applicants and prospective students with information and guidance on programs, admissions requirements, application directions, course format options, financial aid, registration, College services and other enrollment activities. Complete designated outreach to leads generated by marketing and/or recruitment, applicants, and newly accepted students to meet enrollment goals. In addition, complete prescreening process, conduct timely application reviews, confirm enrollment for students.
- Maintain accurate and timely record keeping of all interaction with students that enables the ability to produce accurate reporting. Work closely with the Associate Director to collect, analyze and present data that informs the institution about potential innovative programs and services that meet market demands.
- Provide back-up to Contact Center in-bound line as the first level of contact by answering telephone inquiries from applicants, current and prospective students about our admissions, advising, course formats, registration, financial aid, and other students related questions.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to emails that come into shared admission inboxes. Provide visitor support coverage for Admissions as needed. Provide recruitment support for events within the scope of assigned caseload and at on-campus admission events. Assist with the training and development of new employees.
- Works closely with an assigned constituent group to communicate enrollment-related information. Serves as an advocate of the College/Campus constituency in the admissions process. Effectively manages any assigned project(s) including setting goals in consultation with his/her supervisor, developing and managing timelines, achieving desired results, and producing a final report on the assigned task.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Founded in 1898, Northeastern University is a private research university located in the heart of Boston. Northeastern is a leader in worldwide experiential learning, urban engagement, and interdisciplinary research that meets global and societal needs. Our broad mix of experience-based education programs?our signature cooperative education program, as well as student research, service learning, and global learning?build the connections that enable students to transform their lives. The University offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools.