Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit, unified adult cancer care and research center that is clinically integrated with UW Medicine, a world leader in clinical care, research and learning. The first National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in the Pacific Northwest, Fred Hutch's global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy, and COVID-19 vaccines has confirmed our reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy, and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures for the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
The CDL Driver (Per-Diem) drives mammography van to various screening sites; observes all WA state traffic laws; selects routes best suites for travel; and performs all set up activities to ensure a safe environment for patients and staff. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal Department of Transportation (DOT) laws and regulations; schedules regular service and maintenance and keeps records of all such service.
- Performs daily pre-trip check and completes checklist forms; Maintains accurate DOT driving log, as required.
- Troubleshoots mechanical equipment problems and determines if service is necessary.
- Checks sites and driving routes to ensure parking availability; adequate turning radius.
- Restocks supplies; demonstrates a cost effective use of supplies and materials.
- Maintains a excellent driving record; reports all infractions or accidents to appropriate authorities and supervisor immediately; completes all accident reports.
- Maintains current WA State Class "A" commercial driver's license and participates in random drug and alcohol screening tests.
- Assures the comfort and safety of the patient at all times.
- Provides courier services during the day to move necessary people and/or supplies between SCCA campus locations.
- High School or GED.
- Washington State Class "A" commercial driver's license Current medical examination report filed with the WA State Department of Transportation associated with Class "A" commercial driver's license.
- Must have good customer relations skills.
- 2 years of commercial driving experience.
- Must have no major infractions or accidents for the past three consecutive years.
- Must be able to pass driving road test.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
- Able to prioritize work assignments and adjust tasks as needed.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility in response to unexpected changes in work volumes or staffing needs (may include overtime, flexing, rotating shifts, weekends, holidays)
SCCA has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, and there are no exceptions for any employee who is patient-facing and/or requires access to SCCA facilities.
Exceptions exist only for employees whose positions are fully remote, with no required access to campus. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees requiring access to campus must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The hourly pay range for this position is from $28.70 to $40.86, which includes the per diem differential, and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees access to a retirement savings plan, an employee assistance program, and paid sick leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked).
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.