1. Responsible for providing direction and assisting with setting up special room arrangements; relocating DT faculty and staff; moving furniture and equipment; picking up items designated for surplus and delivering to the warehouse; and transporting items to or from the Facility Services Department warehouse as directed.
2. Assist in maintaining the cleaning standards of all DT buildings.
3. Follow all Work Order assignments and procedures as directed by the Housekeeping supervisor and required by the Facility Services Department.
4. Comply with all safety standards.
5. Inform the Housekeeping Supervisor immediately when hallways, lounges, and restrooms need additional attention due to cleanliness issues, spills, and debris.
6. Ensure that all exterior trash cans are emptied and cleaned on a regularly scheduled basis.
7. Conduct campus exterior inspections on a mutually agreed-upon schedule and note and report any deficiencies to the direct supervisor.
8. Perform minor repairs on housekeeping equipment to extend the life of the equipment.
9. Ensure that the cleaning equipment and supplies are properly maintained and stored.
10. Ensure that the storerooms and/or janitor closets in each facility are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
11. Be prepared to change and adjust the schedule by the season, quarter or semester and when otherwise necessary to perform tasks deemed appropriate by the Director or other appropriate DT officials.
12. Be willing and readily cooperative in being pulled off of your routine work assignment as needed to help out in temporary and emergency situations.
13. Be respectful of all employees, including your immediate peers.
14. Show initiative in the job by responding to problems that require immediate attention without constant or direct supervision and being prepared to handle those problems without waiting for instructions to do so, which will ensure a continuous, timely, and efficient operation, and being alert for new ideas and improvements.
15. Report any maintenance deficiencies to Housekeeping Supervisor for repair.
16. Review and complete a schedule of recurring activities required for this position.
17. Wear the uniforms as furnished by DT during normal working hours and keep them neat and clean in appearance.
18. Use all safety equipment provided by DT and as required by OSHA, the DTCC Safety Committee, and the Facility Services Department.
19. Properly maintain and use all equipment as furnished by DT and as required by the Facility Services Department.
20. Regular attendance and willingness to cooperate and work with other employees is expected.
21. Assist Maintenance Technicians with light-duty maintenance tasks as assigned by the Housekeeping Supervisor or Assistant Director.
22. Meet with supervisor on a daily basis to report issues that need immediate attention.
23. Floor care-use standard floor care practices to maintain hard surfaces and carpeted floors throughout the campus. Applies standard procedures, equipment, and tools to strip and
24. refinish hard surface floors in addition to extracting carpeted areas within assigned buildings.
25. Additional duties shall include other appropriate activities as assigned by the Director and Assistant Director of Facility Services, Chief Campus Operations Officer and Administration, and/or the President.
The Utility Technician is a position responsible for working with the Housekeeping Supervisor, Manager/Special Assistant for General Services, and Assistant Director of Facility Services. They will perform set-ups for special room arrangements, relocating furniture and equipment items, daily refuse pick-up and disposal and performing other duties as directed by the Housekeeping Supervisor or Assistant Director. Striving to achieve the objectives of the Facility Services Department, and carrying out all duties as specified within the contract of employment.