-Accuracy in counting, weighing and recording data
-Good basic math skills as they relate to converting inventory proportions
-Valid drivers license and clean driving record Â
-Familiarity with quality standards and defined product specifications
-Organized and methodical in approach; able to prioritize work tasks and assignments
-Excellent communication and customer relation skills
-Possess a willingness to promote a diverse and inclusive campus community
-Able to function as an effective member of a team
-Neat in appearance and professional in manner -Able to work flexible schedule
-Experience driving a box or similar-size truck
- Physical capability to load, unload and store goods and materials
- Ability to perform light maintenance on delivery vehicles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to stand for extended periods; walk; sit, bend; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl use hands to finger, handle, slice, dice, chop, or feel objects, knives, tools or controls on kitchen equipment; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; smell, talk or hear.
-Must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
-Push and/or pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
-Must consistently utilize all Personal Protective Equipment per Brown Dining Services guidelines
-Frequently moves about campus to various locations for catered events.
-Constantly works in outdoor weather.
- Ability to tolerate heat and cold temperatures.
Performs a variety of tasks related to the receiving, transport, and storage of food and other goods. Is responsible for securing and issuing all goods, materials and equipment for UFS. Performs a variety of tasks related to the timely and effective delivery of commissary goods and food and supplies for catered events.
Typical duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Observes proper receiving procedures. This includes checking quantities against purchasing requisitions and refusing deliveries which do not meet established criteria for quality, quantity, wholesomeness, adherence to specifications, proper temperatures, etc.
2. Informs immediate supervisor of any discrepancies before signing for items.
3. Assures security and proper storage of all goods at all times.
4. Assures that all items entering and leaving any storage or refrigeration area have been documented according to defined procedures.
5. Rotates stock when putting away inventory.
6. Promptly puts up stock orders and notifies requisitioner when orders are ready and if any items are missing. Informs Purchasing Manager or Lead Receiver when supplies run low or become depleted.
7. Assures security, orderliness and cleanliness of all storage, receiving and trash removal areas.
8. Prepares areas for and assists in taking inventory as assigned.
9. Transports goods in a timely and sanitary manner. Assures equipment and product are not damaged during transport.
10. Operates delivery vehicles properly and safely while observing all local laws, ordinances and policies of the University.
11. Assures security of vehicles and their contents at all times.
12. Prior to loading orders on trucks, checks them against requisitions and function sheets to ensure accuracy and completeness. Assists in setting up functions if necessary. Picks up completed functions and retrieves all equipment sent out. Unloads function supplies and distributes items in proper locations (i.e. trash to trash disposal area, equipment and supplies to catering prep area, soiled urns to urn sink, and dirty dishes, which individual neatly stacks, to dish room).
13. Observes all safety, sanitation and security standards of the department.
14. Is courteous and helpful to customers.
15. Maintains a neat, well-groomed, professional appearance and wears designated uniform.
16. Performs other tasks as requested.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal record check satisfactory to Brown University.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.Â Â
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Receiver/Light Truck Driver
Dining Services Union Rates
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Located in historic Providence, Rhode Island and founded in 1764, Brown University is the seventh-oldest college in the United States. Brown is an independent, coeducational Ivy League institution comprising undergraduate and graduate programs, plus the Alpert Medical School, School of Engineering, Executive Master of Healthcare Leadership and the IE Brown Executive MBA.