Demonstrates an intermediate knowledge level in assigned areas and works under limited direct supervision. Responsible for the design, development, planning, execution, outcomes and budgeting of a range of complex global corporate meetings and events for the organisation. Provides premier meeting planning consultation and advisory services and reimagines the needs of our stakeholders.
Primary Responsibilites / Essential Functions
Meeting & Event Development and Strategy:
- Drives the planning process, identifies purpose and goals of the program with senior business meaders, analyses alternatives, makes recommendations to meet business objectives and measures meeting outcomes.
- Analyses priorities and event design for in-person and virtual event experiences.
- Supports a meeting from concept to execution in all aspects of event production including venue management, audio/visual technology, food and beverage, meeting room configurations and needs, transportation, accommodations, staffing, honorariums and amenities.
- Moves creative ideas into deliverables by developing project plan, production schedule, and budget that meets business objectives.
- Manages and executes multi-channel projects that include audio visual, live experiential events, video production, social and digital customer journeys and the vendors that support those areas.
- Manages multiple timelines and multiple stakeholders; influences stakeholders, vendors and business partners to meet business needs.
- Proactively identifies, analyses and resolves issues with minimal input and direction from others.
- Researches and selects appropriate venues and vendors based on program objectives.
- Develops contractual agreements, reviews, analyses and negotiates contract changes with both internal associates and external vendors, evaluating risk, budgets and program requirements. Coordinates with Legal, Risk and Procurement as necessary.
- Manages vendors including cost negotiations and service level expectations.
- Applies knowledge of country norms and cultures where applicable.
- Manages attendee communication including pre-event marketing, invitations, registration and responds to event inquiries.
- Performs post event analysis, including issuing surveys, analysing trends and evaluating meeting effectiveness. Creates lessons learned to apply to future planning.
- Serves as day-to-day point of contact from start to finish for attendees, facilitators and vendors.
- Oversees onsite attendees monitoring meeting attendance, live travel status and ground transportation.
- Requests proposals and negotiates quotes from vendors.
- Reviews invoices, verifies services or goods provided for payment, processes reconciliations and reimbursements.
- Oversees and manages the budget for each meeting / event.
Industry Best Practice Research
- Monitors industry trends, competitive landscape, social media, and device landscape to inform and inspire the development of new event experiences and activations.
- Stay informed of venues, market rates, and meeting planning execution best practices.
- Demonstrates sound judgement in resolving matters of moderate complexity.
- Participates in special projects that benefit the operations of the department.
- Develops and maintains effective professional relationships with key external and internal customers, business units, vendors and colleagues.
- Intermediate knowledge level of all areas assigned.
- Identifies inefficiencies / issues, recommends solutions and implements improvements.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Travel required (up to 30%), can include travel to other global regions.
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation, and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, Capital Group’s goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. Private ownership allows us to keep our eyes on the long term while more than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day.