Location: Off Campus Location - Custer County Extension Office
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $15.69 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Position Summary: Assist with the coordination of the 4-H Program in the county; work as a member of a team to develop 4-H programming that meets the youth development needs of Custer County youth and families; be responsible for helping recruit, train, and support volunteer leaders and 4-H members.
- Education: Associates degree or a combination of education and/or related work experience in youth development or agriculture.
- Willingness and ability to: conduct and attend evening and weekend activities and meetings; travel to other work sites (must have valid driver license and access to reliable transportation for travel).
- B.S. degree or higher preferred.
- Demonstrated: strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write concise reports, and effectively speak to audiences of youth and adults.
- Experience with: 4-H Youth Development Program, personal or professional.
- Experience: working with children and/or adult volunteers; program marketing and promotion; fundraising.
- Possess: advanced computer skills such as web design and maintenance and spreadsheet management.
- Demonstrated ability to: work with and motivate youth and adults in a friendly and courteous manner; maintaining strict confidentiality at all times.
- Demonstrated skills: problem solving; teamwork; decision-making.
- Ability to: work with and adapt research materials for effective verbal or written educational use; utilize computers and current standard computer software.
- Ability to drive a standard 44 pickup and hook up and haul bumper-pull trailers and equipment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: - Ability and willingness to do physical labor and work outdoors, including lifting, carrying, or otherwise moving up to 30 pounds.
Posting Number: SP002233P
Posting Date: 06/05/2019
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: First consideration will be given to those who apply by June 19, 2019. The position will remain open until suitable applicant pool has been identified.IMPORTANT: To be considered, your Letter of Qualification must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Since 1889, the University of Idaho has provided motivated students with a transformative higher education experience that prepares them to solve real-world problems and achieve success in their lives and careers. Beginning with our beautiful residential campus in Moscow, the university’s reach extends throughout Idaho, serving over 12,000 students with educational centers in Coeur d’Alene, Boise and Idaho Falls, a research and extension center in Twin Falls, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. One of the nation’s land-grant research universities, U of I is a noted national leader in student-centered learning and interdisciplinary research that promotes public service. Our work serves businesses and communities, advancing the pursuit of diversity, citizenship and global outreach.