Ransom Everglades School is seeking applications for a full time, Assistant Director of Athletics beginning in the summer of 2019. In addition to serving as the Middle School Athletics Coordinator, this twelve-month staff member will coach and serve as a member of the administrative team supporting all middle and upper school athletic programs. Additional duties assigned will depend on the experience of the successful candidate. Candidates who can contribute to the distinctiveness of the Ransom Everglades community are especially encouraged to apply.
Candidates should email a completed application (found on the school’s website on the Employment page), a cover letter, a CV, and unofficial transcript to email@example.com.
The Assistant Director of Athletics will;
1. foster support for the athletic program by developing positive relationships with faculty, alumni, parents and friends of Ransom Everglades,
2. develop and oversee a competitive middle school athletic program in accordance with Ransom Everglades School, SFMSC (South Florida Middles School Conference), and FHSAA policies,
3. manage use of the middle school athletic facilities by all external groups and partners,
4. schedule all Middle School athletic contests,
5. arrange transportation for Middle School team contests and off-site practices,
6. coordinate contest officials for Middle School athletic contests,
7. provide support for Upper School athletic department events & contests as necessary,
8. manage budget for all Middle School teams,
9. coordinate all sports information for Middle School athletics,
10. collaborate with equipment manager to facilitate acquisition, inventory and maintenance of Middle School athletic equipment and uniforms,
11. maintain records and statistical information for all Middle School athletic programs,
12. review, develop and implement operations manual including risk management protocols for middle school athletic facilities,
13. collaborate with facilities department on all matters related to maintenance of the middle school athletic facilities,
14. assist in hiring, mentoring and supervising coaches,
15. coach two seasons.
1. Applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s degree; a Master’s degree is preferred
2. Strong communication skills
3. Passion for working with students; ability to work with a variety of people
4. Flexibility of time necessary to make commitment to varying time needs of the position
5. Satisfactory background check, to include criminal background and driving record check
6. Up to date or willing to obtain CPR, First Aid, AED certification
7. Physical Requirements include the ability to:
a. respond to emergencies,
b. respond quickly to sounds,
c. move safely over wet, uneven terrain or in confined spaces,
d. see and respond to dangerous situations.
An equal opportunity employer, Ransom Everglades is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty and staff from racial and ethnic groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in education. All employees are expected to support Ransom Everglades’ commitment to function as a diverse, caring, inclusive community.
About Ransom Everglades School
Founded in 1903, Ransom Everglades School is an independent, co-ed, grade 6-12 school of 1,084 students in Miami, Florida. The school is located on two campuses, on of which sits on the shore of Biscayne Bay. Proud of a tradition of academic excellence, the school is also characterized by a robust athletics program including 76 teams in 17 different sports, thriving visual and performing arts programs, and an historic, mission-driven commitment to community service.