Position Summary: Establishes, coordinates and sustains relationships with faith-based and community organizations. Participates in VCCR Departmental responsibilities which include promoting volunteer opportunities, speaking engagements, administrative tasks, and transportation of in-kind donations.
General Purpose: Promotes the mission of The Night Ministry through involvement of community,
faith-based groups, and organizations.
* Demonstrated ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders of The Night Ministry, especially group volunteer and in-kind donors
* Demonstrated ability to use theology to engage congregations in financial, in-kind, and volunteer support for The Night Ministry.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, across diverse programs
* Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Community and Congregational Relations
* Build, maintain and deepen community, congregational and faith-based relationships in Chicago and the metropolitan region.
* Respond promptly and effectively to internal and external volunteer inquiries, directly or by referral.
* Schedule, manage and track meals prepared and served by volunteers at outreach sites and in shelters
* Schedule, conduct and track Night Walk educational immersion experiences for students
* Spearhead the Holiday Celebration stocking project. Manage inquiries, organize volunteer support, send thank-you letters, and related duties
* Represent The Night Ministry at congregational services and events, clergy associations, denominational meetings, faith-based advocacy groups, and volunteer/service/mission fairs
* Provide public education on The Night Ministry's mission, advocacy, and direct service work. Develop and co-facilitate corporate Lunch & Learn events
* Maintain an up-to-date database of significant contacts, group volunteer service projects, and related information.
* Develop and execute a regular recognition plan for participating service groups
* Assist in the transportation of in-kind donations from donors to office, off-site storage, and programs.
* Participate in the solicitation, receipt, and tracking of in-kind donations and gift cards.
* Participate in departmental evaluation activities
* Maintain familiarity with agency's target populations and communities served using current literature and agency materials
* Attend staff, agency, and inter-agency meetings, trainings and seminars as assigned; participate in the agency's public relations and fund-raising activities as required
* Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Essentials skills and experience:
* Two years experience in related position
* Demonstrated success and comfort working with diverse populations, cultural and faith traditions
* Outstanding interpersonal, writing and oral skills; must be effective speaking publicly
* Access to reliable personal transportation, current driver's license, good driving record, and evidence of insurability
* Able to make frequent local travel, and some travel within Illinois
* Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, nights, and the days leading up-to Christmas Eve (may include up to three Sundays every month)
* Ability to work independently, take initiative, and strategize
* Creative, detail-oriented team player and self-starter who can stay organized and multi-task in a busy environment
* Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, database, social media, internet)
Nonessential skills and experience:
* Familiarity with Chicago-area faith-based community
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb stairs; crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move 40 pounds and drive an automobile. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may vary at the different locations required in this job.
* Compensation: position offers base salary with benefits package.
General sign-off: The employee is expected to adhere to all organization policies and regulations specified by the State of Illinois, and The Night Ministry.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.