This position will focus on building an associates book of business and learning Brokerage business from ground up. Inside Sales Rep will target shippers in specific markets and industry verticals. This position requires selling Penske Brokerage services to potential shippers and handle negotiations with shippers and carriers to maximize profits. This position would work directly with independent carriers and matching shipper freight to available carriers. Once loads are initially booked, Inside Sales Rep would need to accurately relay shipment parameters and load setup with the Operations team. The Inside Sales Rep would focus on monitoring Load Boards, utilizing Sales Force to input new and existing customer's profile information and moving the sales into Mercury Gate.
Qualified candidates will be highly motivated, have strong phone skills, an outgoing personality, and a high energy level. Individuals with prior inside sales prospecting highly preferred.
- Dedicated to monitoring Freight Load Boards & gaining/booking loads
- Monitoring Load Boards and researching for freight that we have available capacity to handle
- May work with our Backhaul team on occasion
- Negotiations of rates with shippers and carriers to match up freight to available capacity
- Relay booked freight to Operation team and work alongside Operations to input data for shipment dispatch
- Log all customers into Salesforce
- Solicit more business from past leads that didn't produce results in Salesforce
- Build relationships with customers internally & externally
- Observation and mentoring from Operations and Sales
- Learning Mercury Gate, work with Sourcing on carrier management
- May go out on Sales calls with Account executives to learn sales process
- Administrative tasks : clean up notes in Salesforce, database maintenance, internal reporting analysis, metrics of account development
- Other Projects as assigned by the supervisor
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's Degree preferred (Marketing, communication, Business, etc)
- Transportation industry knowledge a plus but not required
- Prior sales experience is a plus
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Must be willing to learn Brokerage industry
- Must have negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently is required
- Strong communication skills are required
- Customer relationship management tools (i.e. Salesforce.com) preferred
- Phone sales skills are required
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 100 Kachel Boulevard Reading, PA
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1701232