General DescriptionCleans office buildings, laboratories, classrooms, and/or outside areas. Moves furniture, appliances and/or equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cleans, sweeps, vacuums, and polishes floors. Uses various tools, equipment, and cleaning materials to include, but not limited to hand and power scrubbing and polishing equipment, small and large vacuum cleaners, large commercial type buffer, broom, dust brush, dust pan, wet and dry mop, bucket mop wringer, special cleaning solution, and chemical cleaners.
- Cleans identified or assigned areas/spaces with required cleaners and disinfecting solutions.
- Cleans walls, windows, window blinds and shades, ceilings, and doors. May work from ladders or scaffolding.
- Replenishes towels, soap, toilet tissue, linen, and other supplies as required.
- Inspects exterior and interior of building for service issues and report all damages, malfunctions and needed repairs to supervisor.
- Removes trash from assigned areas. Moves furniture, miscellaneous equipment, supplies and/or recyclable materials, empties large and small trash containers, removes miscellaneous debris and discarded building materials such as broken plaster, wood, and brick.
- Removes recyclable materials and maintains appropriate separation.
- Transports biohazard containers to designated area.
- Removes snow, ice and debris from building entrances, sidewalks and other areas as required.
- Maintains equipment and work areas in clean and orderly condition.
- Observes safety precautions and properly uses equipment and products.
- Sets up and removes furniture, miscellaneous equipment and supplies required for meetings and special events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.