Experience and Qualifications
- expertise in bicycle design and mechanics (experience with trail building preferred)
- expertise in cycling (experience coaching road racing or mountain biking preferred)
- ability to share this expertise with students (grades 6-12) in ways that spark curiosity and creativity, advance critical thinking, enhance the powers of patience and observation, and promote environmental responsibility
- ability to work collaboratively with educators across the sciences and the humanities
- ability to design age-appropriate programs and projects for students in grades 6-12
- experience building community networks
- commitment to civic engagement, cultural exchange, and intellectual exploration
Applications should include a resume and a vision statement (about 500 words) that explains how the candidate would approach the development of Thaden’s Wheels Program, including illustrative examples of potential projects, initiatives, and activities. The cover letter should also address salary requirements, if any. Applications must be submitted to Marcus Chang at ?firstname.lastname@example.org by April 13 for full consideration. The start date is negotiable, but must be no later than July 24.
Thaden is an equal-opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, citizenship, age (18 or older), religion, disability, marital status, veteran status, and sexual orientation.