SUMMARY Coeymans Marine Towing owns and operates tug and tow boats along the Hudson River, New York Harbor and Long Island Sound. We are currently seeking an experienced leader to join our team in the role of Marine Dispatcher.
The Marine dispatcher is responsible for directing all vessel movements and scheduling of all tug and barge operations to maximize efficiency and cost effectiveness, strives to ensure regulatory compliance and the safest possible working environment for all employees, and maintains all related documentation and record keeping systems.
This role is fast paced, dynamic and challenging. Successful performance requires a proactive approach and an ability to
identify opportunities in a dynamic environment. Communications must be clear, concise and timely.
· Minimum 2 years experience in the work boat industry is preferred, other similar or related logistics and dispatch.
· Tug operation and barge moving experience is preferred.
· Knowledge of tides and currents.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Must be able to work well with the team and fit in culturally.
· Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
· An ability to multi-task and manage multiple competing priorities.
· Ability to work independently and make decisions
· Solid problem solving skills and an ability to react quickly and address issues and changes in schedule as they arise.
· Ability to work in a demanding environment with tight deadlines.
· Candidate must be dependable, willing to be “on call” and work extended hours; including nights and weekends when
· Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) required.
· Experience with Tow Works or other comparable marine dispatch software preferred.
· Knowledge of New York Harbor and Hudson River towing preferred.
· 4yr degree in Maritime related fields or similar is preferred, equivalent work experience will be considered.
· Must possess or be able to obtain a TWIC card through the Federal Transportation Security Administration.