· Minimum 2 years experience in the work boat industry is preferred, other similar or related logistics and dispatch.
· Tug operation and barge moving experience is preferred.
· Knowledge of tides and currents.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Must be able to work well with the team and fit in culturally.
· Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
· An ability to multi-task and manage multiple competing priorities.
· Ability to work independently and make decisions
· Solid problem solving skills and an ability to react quickly and address issues and changes in schedule as they arise.
· Ability to work in a demanding environment with tight deadlines.
· Candidate must be dependable, willing to be “on call” and work extended hours; including nights and weekends when
· Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) required.
· Experience with Tow Works or other comparable marine dispatch software preferred.
· Knowledge of New York Harbor and Hudson River towing preferred.
· 4yr degree in Maritime related fields or similar is preferred, equivalent work experience will be considered.
· Must possess or be able to obtain a TWIC card through the Federal Transportation Security Administration.