This position is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations and to the physical asset of the property under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor/Community Manager. Responsibilities include completing all maintenance service requests as assigned, monitoring and maintaining all building systems. This position reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor/Community Manager. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Maintain the physical condition of the property according to company operating and safety standards and ensuring that service requests and repairs are performed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Perform general maintenance repair tasks without endangering self, residents or fellow employees.
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Complete make-ready process of vacant apartments as directed by the Community Manager.
- Complete grounds work as directed by Community Manager which may include picking up trash, sweeping curb and dumpster areas and maintaining landscaping beds and other areas.
- Perform electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall, switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Perform plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Perform painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Reconfigure, install, position, and remount furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc. using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Prepare the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas.
- Participate in company training classes and meetings as required.
- Special projects or additional duties assigned by supervisor that are essential for the operations of the property.
- Be observant for any problem which could be a hazard or potentially dangerous for residents, staff, guests and the public. This includes condition of pool gates, fencing, lighting, trip hazards, etc.
- This individual has no authorities to authorize, purchase and approve invoices within the corporate guidelines.