Our maintenance workers provide skilled preventive building and grounds maintenance for multiple sites, including household/commercial repairs, routine plumbing, electrical, HVAC. carpentry work, delivery of property, and assigned event set-up.
This position is full time, 40 hrs/week. Hours are 7 am - 3pm M-F, plus alternate on-call evenings, weekends & holidays as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Current valid driver's license & good driving record. Ability and willingness to drive and transport maintenance equipment and supplies to building sites.
- Hands on experience in performing carpentry, masonry, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC maintenance work.
- Licensed Electrician, Plumber, HVAC, & carpentry a plus.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in custodial work, landscaping and maintenance, EPA & OSHA related safety codes and practices.
- Ability to lift 90 lbs and move heavy furniture properly.
- Ability to work alone, as part of a team and willingness to interact respectfully with all individuals with developmental disabilities, families, staff and management.
- Ability to successfully complete drug, fingerprinting, and background checks.
Additional Salary Information: Hourly salary plus benefits.
Internal Number: 30118
About OAK-LEYDEN DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES
We are a not-for-profit organization that helps children and adults with developmental disabilities meet life's challenges and reach their highest potential.