Logistics Planner -
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with in the transportation field with a preference in planning.
- Understanding of transportation regulations and requirements, freight pricing and industry knowledge & terminology.
- Strong computer skills are required, specific to Microsoft Office; Word and Excel.
- Knowledge and experience in the following systems or similar systems: Lean Logistics, TMS, WMS and/or ERP such as QAD.
Logistics Planner -
Office and distribution environment.
- Prioritizes and schedules own work.
- Develops long-range objectives and plans to meet them i.e. plans/preparations for new shipping season.
- Communicates company programs and procedures to others i.e. working with Customer Service regarding shipping policies, customer requests, etc
FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow applicable procedures and work instructions to support SQF requirements.
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
This job ensures timely deliveries to customers in the most cost efficient method possible.
Application Accommodation Information
Jel Sert is committed to providing reasonable accommodations when necessary for all applicants with disabilities, handicaps, or applicants affected by pregnancy, child birth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or child birth provided the individual is otherwise qualified to perform the essential functions of the job.
Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position by calling our accommodation hotline at (630) 876-4940. Please leave a message and a member of our HR department will call you back within two (2) business days.
Examples of reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to; making a change to the application process or procedures, providing documents in an alternative format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Please note that if you are calling for any reason other than to request an accommodation to search or apply for a job, such as calling to check on the status of your application, your call WILL NOT be returned.